The World Left Behind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A roleplay centered around a group of mercenaries known as the Forlorn Rangers and their exploits

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome Home

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SpartanPureluck
Admin

Welcome Home Empty
PostSubject: Welcome Home   Welcome Home EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 1:17 am

The Forlorn City was bustling.

Hundreds lived in the city, many of them mercenaries for the Forlorn Rangers, while others were Brothers and Sisters of the Church of Iheim. Agent Thompson strolled through the street heading towards the central building in the city, the headquarters of the Forlorn Rangers, looking to propose a new deal to the Rangers who had so valiantly fought for him before. He cracked his neck, he felt different having only recently come back to life, an idea he was still trying to get used too. He had Joseph to thank for that, a debt that he would have to repay sometime in the near future, but hopefully it wouldn't end the life that Thompson had just so readily gained back.

Thompson looked upon the mural of the Iheimian Church, the "Ascended God" as they called Iheim stood in the center with his vigilant angels at his sides: Hunter and Joseph or as they were known to the Church, Bathaemiel and Ilustriel. The Spirit World and the Physical World seemed so intertwined sometimes it was a little frightening. Thompson continued on past the Church, though he spotted some Crusaders outside protecting it, even the Forlorn City wasn't as safe as many believed.

Thompson finally made it to the headquarters, a rather unimpressive building itself, but it got the job done and in a way that was the motto of the Rangers he had come to know so well over the past few years. He entered the building to the sound of yelling and drinking to his right, a seemingly bar like area for those to enjoy their life and respect the ones who cannot. To his left he saw a familiar face, William Robert Jones, or Billy Bob Jo as he was known to the men in the group.

"Agent, how have you been?" he asked, a hint of care in his words as he spoke them.

"Pretty good Bill, say is Hunter and Joseph in? I need to speak to them," said Thompson as he turned to face William.

"Yeah, they're up in their office at least they were there the last time I saw them," said William pointing towards the stairs ahead of Thompson.

"Thanks Bill," Thompson responded quickly.

"Anytime," He said as he moved towards the bar yelling as he entered and receiving a very hearty reply back.

With that Thompson went upstairs to meet with his friends and at one time enemies to talk about a job. He had no idea where this job would lead them ll down the road, the lives it would cost, and the way it would forever shape history. Then again, what was new?

Back to top Go down
https://theworldleftbehind.forumotion.com
Salem

Welcome Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Home   Welcome Home EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 5:39 pm

Joseph sat in the chair placed behind the main computer of the office like he always was when he wasn't home or on an op, with his rifle sitting on it's bipod on the window seal next to him. The rifle which was a M980B was posted up as always since Joseph had many times before used his rifle from the window to take out anyone who threatened the building, magazine still in the rifle and the bolt open where a single bullet sat waiting to be loaded. Joseph was wearing as he always did (who would of thought) his light armored variant of the normal forlorn ranger armor even with his night vision goggles still resting on his head even though he was "off duty" besides that he also had the rest of his gear still ready to roll, sidearm, frags, spare mags, and other tactical equipment used in stealth operations.Joseph looked up from the computer briefly then looked back to it while talking. "Hey Thompson, what do you need now?" Sounding almost methodical since he felt he said this so much.
Back to top Go down
SpartanPureluck
Admin

Welcome Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Home   Welcome Home EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 6:50 pm

Thompson looked over Joseph, it looked like he hadn't slept in awhile, but he guessed that's just the rugged look of a mercenary.

"I need you and your boys," said Thompson as he dropped the folder containing the mission down onto desk in front of Joseph.

"The Bureau and the DSNY are contracting for a small war of reconquest, you're old home if that is something that you're interested in," said Thompson awaiting a response from Joseph.
Back to top Go down
Salem

Welcome Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Home   Welcome Home EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 8:31 pm

Joseph paused for a moment thinking about his old home and memories, then he grabbed the folder began reading and asked.... "So I see how it's my problem, now how is it yours? Because we all know you only call when you need... somebody who doesn't lose." Joseph then laughs a bit as he goes through the files.
Back to top Go down
SpartanPureluck
Admin

Welcome Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Home   Welcome Home EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 11:04 pm

Thompson snorted slightly, expressing a bit of humor in that, "Well you don't have a perfect tract record now do you, Joseph, remember Hong Kong?" he said pointing at his legs under the desk and more specifically the false leg which he had lost back in China.
Back to top Go down
Salem

Welcome Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Home   Welcome Home EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 11:20 pm

Hearing thompson's remark Joseph put the file down for a moment and said "Don't even begin to blame me over my leg, firstly I guarantee you it was your dumb ass who sent me on that mission for your damned smiley note, secondly despite my track record holding off against bad odds isn't my best attribute it's stealth remeber, or should you. Joesph laughed again for a moment. "And if anyone should be getting called out here it's you, but I'll just leave it and take your briefing as an apology, so back to the mission at hand here." As one could tell Joseph was haunted by his one ever present failure under fire, and didn't enjoy talking about them. (nobody counts ones that are taken back)
After his remark Joseph returns to the files and continues scanning them for details.
Back to top Go down
SpartanPureluck
Admin

Welcome Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Home   Welcome Home EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 11:35 pm

Thompson sighed and went over a few of the details for the mission, reciting what Joseph was already reading, "The DSNY is contracting mercenaries and buffing up its own military for a joint operation with the UKSF to clear out the infected in the middle of America. The pay will be good, very good actually and we were hoping we could have you and your men there at the frontlines helping your old country, trust me we both know that we will need all the help we can get,".
Back to top Go down
RumblingDom1

Welcome Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Home   Welcome Home EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 11:53 pm

Hunter was angry to say the least. He always was anymore typing away on a large PDA with his large armored fingers as he walked to the dual office of theirs. The armor made him look even bigger of a man than he was yet his steps were silent. Up until the point he kicked the office doors opened and brushed passed Thompson. He shoved Joseph a bit and began reading the files. "The island I conquered is still whining about the Purgers I dropped on them. They didn't even kill anyone. So any who two main things, pay and supplies, you know the drill because this is the war for Siberia without an enemy we can gather scrap parts from to make our tanks." He grumbled shuffling through the papers more.
Back to top Go down
Salem

Welcome Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Home   Welcome Home EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 9:18 am

"And no command structure, making more difficult to root them out." Joseph said while peeking over to see exactly what hunter was doing on his PDA. " Also Thompson, I know this is a long shot but got anything on those guys that orbechov worked for?" Joseph remembered exactly who those men were but wanted to see if Thompson remembered, also appearing dumber than you are is helpful sometimes.
Back to top Go down
SpartanPureluck
Admin

Welcome Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Home   Welcome Home EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 6:34 pm

Thompson frowned at Joseph's question, he knew full well the NIB had been watching the Illuminati and had been for quite some time, "Yes, actually, a report says they've resurfaced in San Francisco, but we're not entirely sure," said Thompson and then he directed his attention to Hunter and continued, "The DSNY is looking to pay 30,000 a day over the duration of the entire of the camapign,".
Back to top Go down
Salem

Welcome Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Home   Welcome Home EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 6:42 pm

Joseph literally jumped out of his chair at the remark and said "San Fransisco?! Where, give me a name, an area, something!" As he reached for his rifle loading the bullet into the chamber and locking it in.
Back to top Go down
SpartanPureluck
Admin

Welcome Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Home   Welcome Home EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:09 pm

Thompson stood there and shook his head, "We had information from an informant that two Illuminati members went to talk to someone by the name of Justin Davidson, his official position is 'an advisor to the King and member of the Grand Order of Alcatraz', but beyond that not much information on him. Listen, Joseph, I don't think going after these guys is a good idea, last time you lost a son, for all we know it could be much worse in round two," said Thompson voicing his opinion to, not only his "employee", but his good friend.
Back to top Go down
RumblingDom1

Welcome Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Home   Welcome Home EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:03 pm

Hunter wasn't as energetic as his comrade. He just rolled his head slightly to simulate rolling his eyes under his helmet continuing to type away on the PDA. His large body of course soon as he adjusted covered up any scene that could of been peeked at. He let out a low grumble recalling old events. "Would of been the whole family if I wasn't there thinking straight. So how about supplies wise or are we to cover our own asses with the metal and machinery? I know we got a ten mile wide factory and all but you know, not so big funding as your country."
Back to top Go down
Salem

Welcome Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Home   Welcome Home EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:04 pm

Joseph looked Thompson dead in his eyes never looking away as he spoke, tightening his grip on the rifle occasionally as he spoke. "Thompson, just listen to what you just said, they took my son my first born son, and left my other son without most of his face! I can't sleep at night now without killing someone and pretending that they helped in some in some way! Joseph calmed himself a bit then resumed. "We both know that my family means everything to me, it's why I do what I do, so that they will never know pain ever again. Those men... and anyone who so much as looked on and did nothing deserve a fate worse than eternal damnation!" Joseph pushed again trying to stay calm. "You know I used to hum to myself all the time an old song; and in the lyrics it sang {I'm gonna live till I die, I'm gonna be a devil till I'm an angel....} and so on, then I realized that having both died and becoming an angel in both meanings of the word only to have my sons killed or worse! So you know what I think...? I think that mercy is a trait of the dead, and no man he was wronged me will breath a safe breath ever again. I want them to search every dark corner and hope, pray that I'm not in that corner that I'm not hidden away in one if their closets or that I'm not working with their guards finding my way in, I want to be the thing that even the most despicable man has nightmares about." Joseph begins crushing the grip on his rifle revealing that the supposed new grip that has the fingers indented in it was actually just crushed that way. If Thompson dared to look Joseph in his eyes Thompson would see nothing but pure hatred.
Back to top Go down
SpartanPureluck
Admin

Welcome Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Home   Welcome Home EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Thompson sighed and dropped another folder on the table, it contained the supplies that would be given to the Forlorn Rangers, mostly just gun trucks and what not, but still something. Thompson turned for the door and turned his head, "The job is up take it or leave it call me if you're in and Joseph..." He turned around to face him, "We're both family men here, I know where you're coming from, I still don't think it's a good idea to chase these guys, not again,".

With that he left, leaving both of them to their own devices to discuss their problems.
Back to top Go down
Salem

Welcome Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Home   Welcome Home EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:37 pm

Joseph took a moment again to calm down and turned to hunter, took his right hand off the rifle (now holding onto the rifle by its barrel) and said "Well hunter it's been a great time, but you go on and make this group great although we both knew that this sort of work isn't exactly for me, to be honest I'm homesick and tired and I have to do this and I can't have you all dying with me. Just give me a Handful of supplies a trip back to America and then, fire me and nobody but me will go down on this mission except me. I guess this is goodbye hunter, just... just dont waste the things I gave you."
Back to top Go down
RumblingDom1

Welcome Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Home   Welcome Home EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:41 pm

Hunter stiffened slightly. He took in a breath before putting the PDA away. He was more than annoyed, actually a bit frustrated that such a though came to Joseph's mind. He slowly turned his lumbering form showing a bit of anger. "Well for one, I can kind of command people via technology anymore, so you know. No need to be on the frontlines. Secondly, you really think I'd abandon you? I brought you back more times than I can recall, it'd be more of a hassle to let you die then go on a crazy thing and bring you back than to just help you. The rangers will mobilize tomorrow, we'll take a plane to San Fran while everyone else is gearing up and being transported."
Back to top Go down
Salem

Welcome Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Home   Welcome Home EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 9:09 pm

Joseph relaxed his hand and then switched hand with his rifle (now with him holding it by the stock similar to how most people would hold a forarm with their shooting hand only) and began walking away headed to pack up as he said. "It wasn't a question, and either way this is my last job. Besides just think these guys haven't been in actual trouble for thousands if years, they haven't been because anyone who doesn't get akin with then dies, so just get me some ammo and a trip bac to the Western Hemisphere and call it a good partnership. Oh and by the way ou can keep Annie. She is in the computer... why do you think we haven't ever had computer problems?"
Back to top Go down
RumblingDom1

Welcome Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Home   Welcome Home EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 10:18 pm

Hunter just shrugged after a bit not really seeing much other option. He typed a few things in his PDA. "Done." With that he went and sat at his desk kicking up his boots. He waved his free hand in the air nonchalantly and spoke in a tired and bored voice, "You might as well go tell the gang while they're drunk, they're in the usual place, getting wasted."
Back to top Go down
Salem

Welcome Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Home   Welcome Home EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 10:38 pm

Joseph looked down and nodded, it would be appropriate to tell the men that he was retiring and probably dieing... he then decided not to include that in his farewell; he figured most of them considered him unkillable and wavering this faith may hurt the company. So he packed quickly fully loading himself before heading down to the bar for the big farewell. Upon entering the bar he simply stood next to Billy bob and said "Hey bob, I'm headin home for good this time, I guess see you later...." Joseph didn't even look at him directly or set anything down he was still holding his rifle with one hand and his gear in a rucksack in the other and it was clear he didn't have any thoughts of staying long.
Back to top Go down
SpartanPureluck
Admin

Welcome Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Home   Welcome Home EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 10:52 pm

Bob turned and yelled at Joseph, "If you die, then I swear to all the gods I will kill you again!" His voice contained anger and a little bit of hurt. Losing a leader in the Rangers was tough and more than just that it hurt a lot of the men, but it's would start so much.
Back to top Go down
Salem

Welcome Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Home   Welcome Home EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 10:59 pm

Joseph signed before he continued "Well all I can say that means anything is I hope you'll understand in time." Then Joseph left for his last ride as a member of the Forlorn Rangers the legendary mercenary group he started. Once aboard Joseph finally slept, his first actual source of sleep in days.
Back to top Go down
RumblingDom1

Welcome Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Home   Welcome Home EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 4:00 pm

Hunter counted for a bit. He didn't do anything but just calmly think, and count. Once he felt like there was a large enough number that Joseph was at least out of hearing distance he pressed down on a button on his desk the intercom in the bar crackling somewhat. "Bob, come to my office please." With that it shut off and he just waited hands behind his head as the screen on the PDA blinked illuminating the otherwise now dark room.
Back to top Go down
SpartanPureluck
Admin

Welcome Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Home   Welcome Home EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 5:23 pm

Bob walked into the front door of the office standing front and center of the desk, though he was not at attention, more at rest. He stood there smoking a cigar, the Dutchman Enterprises logo plastered on it, Bob was used to smoking in the building and was probably one of the only people who ever did. He took the cigar out of his mouth and spoke to Hunter, 'What you need, boss?".
Back to top Go down
RumblingDom1

Welcome Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Home   Welcome Home EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 5:43 pm

He sighed slightly rubbing his helm. "Our associate, Joseph thinks he's going out on a suicide mission even though there's certain things preventing that. Secondly he thinks he's going to, be leaving us. Well he might think he is but, he isn't. It's just him not thinking clearly right now and I and a few of the elite are going to go make sure he doesn't do anything too stupid, it will affect us anyways even if the world thinks he quit."

He sighed and handed him a separate PDA from his. "This is the orders for the next month of how, the fleet, oil rigs, production lines, and research facilities should be ran, in case my PDA can't get a signal and I can't issue them myself. Until our power armor is finished there is to be no major campaign in the Americas only minor purges of land and the setting up of good launching points, that is all." With that he stood up and took his leave the room's lights turning on as he walked off with his own PDA in hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Welcome Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Home   Welcome Home Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome Home
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next