The World Left Behind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A roleplay centered around a group of mercenaries known as the Forlorn Rangers and their exploits

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Empires We Build

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RumblingDom1

The Empires We Build Empty
PostSubject: The Empires We Build   The Empires We Build EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 11:06 am

San Francisco, High Rise Apartment Floor 41

Hunter sighed in tranquility. He was alone in his high rise apartment, the windows covered and he was just watching his new T.V. PDA on his lap. The Black Iron Incorporated logo hanged over top of it. He Took off his helmet finally fixing his short cut hair and rubbed his clean shaven face. This was paradise, with no one to look at him he could finally drink a glass without having to use a helmet port. He took the mixed fruit juice happily, there were no more loose ends and everything was going fine.

He checked reports of how the soldiers were doing reclaiming the land of America for the DSNY with their new training but over all his body was shut down. The best part was yet to come, he had the deluxe upgrade recently created. "Tera, open my storage under the coffee table I need a refill." Without another word it happened and he poured himself another glass. "Paradise. . ."
Back to top Go down
SpartanPureluck
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Empires We Build   The Empires We Build EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 1:38 pm

A buzz could be heard from Hunter's PDA and a fairly regular looking message popped up that could have very well had some larger implications. It was a joint call from Albert Bonifaas and Cornelius Chevalier, both current business partners of Black Iron Incorporated and presidents of Dutchman Enterprises and Cerberus Industries respectively. Below the message appeared a "notice" from the Chief Operating Officer of Black Iron, Thomas Hutchins, which simply said, "Important".
Back to top Go down
https://theworldleftbehind.forumotion.com
RumblingDom1

PostSubject: Re: The Empires We Build   The Empires We Build EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 3:08 pm

Hunter sighed finishing the rest of his glass before reaching for his helmet putting it on with a thud before having the lights turn on somewhat before entering the call. His voice held the tone of annoyed but otherwise was somewhat jolly. "Ah, friends, what is it that you wish of me this day?"
Back to top Go down
SpartanPureluck
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Empires We Build   The Empires We Build EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 3:44 pm

"We have a problem, Hunter," send the voice over the phone which was clearly that of Albert Bonifaas, the President of Dutchman Enterprises. The tone in his voice expressed his mood, annoyed and sightly angry, which was saying something about Albert as he was normally in control of his emotions.
Back to top Go down
RumblingDom1

PostSubject: Re: The Empires We Build   The Empires We Build EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 5:07 pm

Hunter sighed. Of course they had a problem, he was the problem solver typically. "What is it, certain problems require certain bonuses depending on how big the problem is you know. . . We may be partners but I won't continue to do things for free thanks to our. . . current engagement."
Back to top Go down
SpartanPureluck
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Empires We Build   The Empires We Build EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 5:23 pm

"We don't really need you to do anything, that is all up to you, I already know that Cerberus has thrown up CAP to try and solve the problem, but effectively we've picked up a tail...the National Information Bureau has been making some inquiries as to our three company's spending and some other things..." said Albert on the other side of the line, it could be imagined that he was pinching his eyes in frustration.
Back to top Go down
RumblingDom1

PostSubject: Re: The Empires We Build   The Empires We Build EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 5:33 pm

Hunter sighed slightly rubbing the brow of his helm. He was utterly annoyed, but atleast he had a friend slash contact in NIB. The one time Joseph could be useful too.... "I'll do the dance with NIB get them off Black Iron hopefully, I'll see what I can't do for the two of you. The Forlorn Rangers still do quite a lot of business with them still, hopefully I'll get them off. Also my legal department will be working on it right.... now." With one final push the orders were sent to the division.
Back to top Go down
SpartanPureluck
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Empires We Build   The Empires We Build EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 5:36 pm

"Good, call me when you have the problem settled on your front, until then stay low," said Albert before he hung up the phone quickly leaving only the dial tone.
Back to top Go down
RumblingDom1

PostSubject: Re: The Empires We Build   The Empires We Build EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 5:44 pm

Hunter sighed as he called the contact number for Agent Thompson. He was annoyed to say the least but, things were in his favor to quickly clean up. With his current expenditures and, preparation for the reclamation war, it shouldn't be too hard, to negotiate, hopefully.
Back to top Go down
SpartanPureluck
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Empires We Build   The Empires We Build EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 6:00 pm

Thompson was sitting at his desk at the National Information Bureau office going over agent files determining a team for his newest operation. Then his phone began to ring, he sighed hoping he wouldn't be disturbed for once as he was working, but he wasn't as rude as to just let the phone ring and answered it simply saying, "Hello?".
Back to top Go down
RumblingDom1

PostSubject: Re: The Empires We Build   The Empires We Build EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 6:04 pm

"What happened to the trust Thompson? I thought we had a trusting relationship. I thought with this big hand from the Forlorn Rangers, grant it, we're paid, would still make us be friends." He was joking but his voice was far from it.
Back to top Go down
SpartanPureluck
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Empires We Build   The Empires We Build EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 6:08 pm

Thompson sighed and asked, "Hunter, what are you talking about?". Andrew was confused questioning his friendship to the group he had grown fond of over the past few years.
Back to top Go down
RumblingDom1

PostSubject: Re: The Empires We Build   The Empires We Build EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 6:11 pm

Hunter sighed taking off his helmet since it was only a mere call going back to drinking a bit of his juice. "I heard that I was under watch from my current expenditures, things that I thought you had known about for a long time and seemed to have been okay with it, or is there some other issue with me?"
Back to top Go down
SpartanPureluck
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Empires We Build   The Empires We Build EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 6:16 pm

"You may well be, Hunter, NIB has mulitple departments, I don't deal with investigations like that anymore," said Thompson as he continued going through the files singling it down to only three agents.
Back to top Go down
RumblingDom1

PostSubject: Re: The Empires We Build   The Empires We Build EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 6:22 pm

"Well help me out here. I can't send my troops out into the reclamation war if your people are breathing down my neck and my business associates. It's a hard life out here anymore, I'm not solely in the military market anymore and I'm just scraping by until all the big things come in." He sipped at his cup not making a sound, he missed the old days when cash, and war was plenty.
Back to top Go down
SpartanPureluck
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Empires We Build   The Empires We Build EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 6:28 pm

"You know I can't divulge that information, also it's a paid job if you don't want to provide your troops don't, the investigation more than likely won't stop," said Thompson as he weighed the files, not really to eed them out, but more to just help his mind at ease with the choice he had made.
Back to top Go down
RumblingDom1

PostSubject: Re: The Empires We Build   The Empires We Build EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 6:34 pm

"Help me get this thing solved Thompson. After all the good jobs and explosives, help me, for once. You'll gain from this transaction sooner or later, so will your country. I just need the time to get out of my company's infant stages." He rubbed his brown sighing in frustration.
Back to top Go down
SpartanPureluck
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Empires We Build   The Empires We Build EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 6:36 pm

"I'll ask around, I can't ever give you names, but I can tell you if you're screwed or not," said Thompson as he scanned the files on his desk and the grasped the operation file and started to work on a schedule fo rit.
Back to top Go down
RumblingDom1

PostSubject: Re: The Empires We Build   The Empires We Build EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 6:41 pm

Hunter just sat in silence for a moment, things would have to be killed.... or he'd have to do something stupid, on the verge of Joseph like. "That's good enough for me, I can find things on my own to a point as well."
Back to top Go down
SpartanPureluck
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Empires We Build   The Empires We Build EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 6:43 pm

"Got it Hunter, talk to you soon," said Thompson as he hung up the phone and looked at the operational map, the same map of the Forlorn City. He sighed as he looked at the map, infiltration would probably be the hardest part, but hey the job is the job.
Back to top Go down
RumblingDom1

PostSubject: Re: The Empires We Build   The Empires We Build EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 6:57 pm

Hunter sighed slightly before typing up a message to all of his assets. Stating for everyone to be on high alert, and people were watching, well equipped people. With that he stood up hoping finally in the near future, he'd be in the green again. before disappearing, making his rounds to all areas of his control, and finally to check on Billy and the place almost all Forlorn data was secured, Forlorn City.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Empires We Build   The Empires We Build Empty

Back to top Go down

The Empires We Build
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The World Left Behind :: Roleplay :: North America-
Jump to: